Monday, November 27, 2017

Day 8 ~ ICU, 12noon

Cha-cha
  A very good friend told me this morning that Bob's illness is going to be like dancing the Cha-Cha. One step back, a couple steps forward, then another step back again...but overall, still moving forward across the dance floor. And that is exactly what it's like, especially today.

  They had decreased some sedation yesterday, but had to increase it back last night. Bob was experiencing too much pain and became extremely agitated. His blood pressure is holding well, though, even with the added sedation medications.

  Surgery was on the schedule for 12:45pm, but it looks like it will happen later today, if he goes down to the OR at all.

  A chest x-ray this morning shows some "junkiness", in the right lung especially, and the respiratory therapist heard some coarseness at the base of both lungs. They've reassured me that, with the ventilator's assistance, his air is still moving very well.

  His fever has remained at 38.6°C/101°F throughout the night and all this morning.

  The ICU critical care doctor just told me: "He's not out of the woods yet; his blood is still infected and his body is still fighting."

  As soon as I know more, I'll try to get the blog updated, but for right now, today's 12:45 trip to the operating room is in a holding pattern.


Gotta get these hands back to typing on a keyboard!



2 comments:

  1. Angela I'm an old friend of Bob, through Peter, from their college days. I'm a childhood friend of Peter. You and I met a long time ago, I believe. Anyway, I've been praying for Bob like crazy, and now that I'm back at my computer I can navigate this site. Thanks for all of the information and photos you have shared. I will keep praying! Cathy (Cleaver) Ruse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy...I believe we did meet, when Bob and I went up for a 4th of July once. 😊 Thank you so much for your prayers!

      Delete